Reports to: Applications Manager
Position Location: Company HQ in Suburban Philadelphia, PA
The Application Scientist to support Product Development will be responsible for major contributions to the Product Development team assisting with launching the technology to scientific community. In the immediate term, the candidate will be responsible for execution of verification and validation protocols, as well as system suitability tests. These assays include (but are not limited to) standard instrument evaluation and characterization tests, as well as application specific tests. This position offers the candidate the opportunity to help bring new technology into the Life Science application space. The position requires a highly motivated person with a reputation for integrity and accountability with sound technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and independent contributor with a strong operational focus.
(1) HRIM SLIM Operation
- Work in support of our Product Development team and alongside current Application Scientists.
- Working within an interdisciplinary team of engineering, applications development, and operational employees to achieve strategic, operational, and technical objectives in a manner that ensures the product performance meet customer needs.
- Execute verification protocols on existing instrument models, instrument upgrades, and new instrument configurations
- Execute validation protocols on existing instrument models, instrument upgrades, and new instrument configurations
- Execute system suitability tests on Applications Team instruments to confirm system functionality and adequate performance prior to demos and collaboration data collection
- Process and interpret ion mobility and mass spectrometry data.
- Work with software developers to provide input for user requirements for improved end user experience.
- Work with team members to create protocols to be executed in association with verification, validation, and system suitability tests.
- Training of internal personnel.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure compliance with regulatory and industry standards and practices.
(2) LC-HRIM-MS Internal Service Support
- Support the Product Development, Applications, and Service teams as internal service support.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise with the LC-HRIM-MS system, provide solutions, and document the entire process for future use.
- Execute test protocols for bugs that have been identified.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors in analytical chemistry, chemistry, biology, or engineering. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is a plus.
- Experience using high resolution mass spectrometry preferred
- Knowledge in liquid chromatography (HPLC & UHPLC) and mass spectrometry (high resolution) method development/troubleshooting. Ion mobility method development/troubleshooting is a plus.
- Self-starter, with a hands-on, “roll-up-the-sleeves” mentality, and the ability to define and execute application development on time.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the technical team when needed.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills: ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak, present and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory, including: experiment design, sample preparation, operation of scientific equipment, and data interpretation.
- Strong background in data analysis, including statistics and spectral interpretation.
- Ability to work in the United States.
Cultural, Behavioral and General Characteristics
- Work standards/high work ethic – initiative and drive
- Self-sufficient, self-driven, self-motivated
- Ability to quickly learn SLIM technology and apply it
- Ability to think through complex issues and solve problems
- Desire to share information and support a transparent culture
- Technical translation
If interested, please send a cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.