The Director of Project Management is responsible for the successful management of all formally run projects at MOBILion Systems. A team of project managers report to the Direct of Project Management who are responsible for leading cross functional teams of engineers, software developers, scientists, and product mangers to create and launch scientific instrumentation products. The Director is responsible for creating and maintain the project management process used by the team and for ensuring that the process is followed. The Director of Project Management is also responsible for company wide resource analysis based on planned project work and for communicating this information with management to ensure that the hiring plan matches the company’s needs.
- Responsible for ensuring integrated product development plans are aligned with program strategy and business objectives and for the successful execution to the plans.
- Act as the primary point of accountability for product development strategy, budget, and execution against timelines.
- Work with product management, the engineering and software teams, and project managers to determine the prepare project plans that offer the best tradeoffs of project scope, budget, and timeline to deliver value to our customers. Present recommendations to top management.
- Manage companywide project resource planning and analysis. Identify resource gaps driven by planned project work. Regularly report to top management recommendations to fill gaps by new head count additions or outsourcing.
- Ensure periodic cross functional stage-gate reviews with top management throughout execution of the product development plan to the product development process.
- Create, implement, and maintain Project Management Processes, Best Practices, and standard project management templates for use by the Project Management Team
- Regularly report a comprehensive project summary to top management identifying technical and schedule risks and mitigation.
- Ensure that post-mortem reviews are held with team members and appropriate senior management on each phase during the program
- Lead project teams to effectively manage/mitigate and communicate risks.
- Responsible for maintaining a high degree of team effectiveness through collaboration, influence, coaching and mentoring team members.
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ relevant product development experience, with a minimum of 2-3 years cross functional program management leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate of cross functional matrix teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate across a broad range of audiences from technical topics to company strategic goals and ability articulate the relationship between them.
- Demonstrated ability to forecast project resource and budget needs and resource gaps.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative small company environment, and able to pivot workload based upon changing priorities.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with and effectively influence others.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, and able to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and manage resources, make decisions, solve problem, exercise good judgment & flexibility and maintain budgets and schedule.
- Strong computer/technology skills including MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- PMP Certification
- Ability to work within the United States
- Willing to relocate to the Chadds Ford, PA region
- Experience as an individual contributor to the design and development of a medical and instrumentation product.
- Familiarity in the design of complex medical/pharma capital or scientific equipment (i.e. Mass Spectrometers, Imaging Systems, Monitoring systems, etc.)
- Familiarity with appropriate FDA, QSR, and ISO regulations: design controls, document controls, design verification and validation, hazard analysis techniques, regulatory approval methods, and overall medical device/pharma industry knowledge
- Understanding of hardware and software development
- Understanding of Voice of the Customer and User Needs research activities and process
- Experience with Six Sigma tools and techniques, i.e., DMAIC, 5s, VSM, QFD, etc.
Cultural, Behavioral and General Characteristics
- Outstanding people skills; confident, great communicator, honest, and sincere
- Must be a dynamic personality and willing to work within a collaborative team environment
- Energetic, proactive self-starter who enjoys challenges and variety
- Independent and self-starter
- Work standards/high work ethic – initiative and drive
- Innovativeness & creativity
- Self-sufficient, self-driven, self-motivated (work with minimal supervision): figure it out
- Ability to think through complex issues and solve problems
- Desire to share information and support a transparent culture
- Technical translation
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.