The Director of Software will lead the Software Development and Quality Assurance Teams to deliver high quality software products that are used to control our instrumentation hardware as well as the process the scientific data that is generated. The Director of Software is responsbile delivering the Software Operational Plan that clearly defines the resources, timelines, and costs required to achieve the Product Roadmap. With oversight and responsibility for both the development and quality assurance teams this position is responsbile for the quality and successful completion of software projects on time and budget.
- Analyze and understand product roadmap features and requirements and develop the software operational plan identifying required resources, timelines, and costs
- Lead all software development and quality assurance operations resulting in on time and budget delivery of MVP software.
- Regularly analyze software team for resources gaps and manage the balance between internal software development and outsourced work.
- Management business relationship with software development contractors
- Regularly present updates on Software Operation to top management (must be excellent at translating “tech talk” to “C-Speak.”
- Scale the software team to the next generation in support of future work
- Manage the software budget
- 5+ years of experience building and managing software development and quality assurance teams
- Demonstrated experience planning and resourcing projects, and mentoring teams.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present to C-Level executives
- 5+ years of software development experience, including: C# and Python
- Experience with agile/scrum development processes
- Ability coordinate with multiple teams and individuals across the organization, including hardware engineering teams, as well as Product Management and Business Development.
- Staffing/Recruiting Industry Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant work experience
- Willingness to travel to supplier and manufacturer sites when necessary
- Ability to work within the United States
- Willing to relocate to the Chadds Ford, PA region
- SAAS background successfully delivering products
- Experience with driving the rapid growth of high performance teams
- Experience with machine learning and AI development
- Experience in venture funded startups
- Internal Interactions:
- Product development
- Product Management
- Commercial Operations
- CEO and Strategic Leadership Team
- External Interactions:
- Software Development Contractors
- Mass Spec Vendors
Cultural, Behavioral and General Characteristics
- Outstanding people skills; confident, great communicator, honest, and sincere
- Must be a dynamic personality and willing to work within a collaborative team environment
- Energetic, proactive self-starter who enjoys challenges and variety
- Independent and self-starter
- Work standards/high work ethic – initiative and drive
- Innovativeness & creativity
- Self-sufficient, self-driven, self-motivated (work with minimal supervision): figure it out
- Ability to think through complex issues and solve problems
- Desire to share information and support a transparent culture
- Technical translation
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.