The Electrical Engineer is responsible for leading the development of the electrical systems employed in MOBILion’s laboratory analytical instrumentation. Responsibilities include analysis of system requirements, the creation of electrical sub system requirements, electrical sub system test protocol development, implementation of the design, and verification testing to confirm that requirements are met.
- Lead the design and development of the electronic components for laboratory analytical instrumentation working closely with the engineering and software teams.
- Develop System and Subsystem Requirements to support the design of laboratory instrumentation and implement the design in hardware and firmware working with a combination of internal and external design resources.
- Lead design verification on electrical systems and sub systems as part of the product development process.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and failure analysis on impacted components for products deployed in the field.
- Support R&D by developing proof of concept prototypes outside of the design control process to de-risk new technologies.
- Adhering to policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure compliance with regulatory and industry standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of electrical design experience in a leadership role
- Track record of working with 3rd part design firms to deliver products on time and budget
- Analog and digital circuit design containing signals from DC to 10MHz
- Schematic capture and PCB layout experience using Altium Designer
- Experience using SPICE simulation tools such as LTSpice or MultiSIM
- Experience developing embedded systems on ARM Cortex MCUs in C/C++
- Proficiency using digital communication interfaces: SPI, I2C, CAN, RS485, UART, USB, Ethernet
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting circuits and performing SMT rework
- Ability to use lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, power supplies, VNAs, RLC meters, etc.
- Familiarity using version control software such as Git, SVN, or PDM
- Ability to work within the United States
- Willing to relocate to the Chadds Ford, PA region
- Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years of experience designing hardware from concept through production
- 10+ years of professional experience designing, troubleshooting, and testing
- Experience working on a fast-paced, interdisciplinary product development team
- Familiarity with product development lifecycle
- Experience defining functional requirements and test plans
- Experience creating automated test systems
- Experience in Mass Spec industry and/or Clinical Diagnostics
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, or equivalent project management tools
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Experience designing Flex and Rigid-Flex PCBAs
- Experience driving capacitive loads, stepper motors, and relays
- Experience designing high voltage power electronics
- Experience designing electronics in extreme environments, including high vacuum
- Strong knowledge in analog and digital signal processing
- Proficiency using Python
- Experience with networking protocols including TCP/IP
- Experience programming FPGAs and CPLDs using VHDL/Verilog Experience
- Experience using Labview
Cultural, Behavioral and General Characteristics
- Independent and self-starter
- Work standards/high work ethic – initiative and drive
- Innovativeness & creativity
- Self-sufficient, self-driven, self-motivated (work with minimal supervision): figure it out
- Ability to quickly learn SLIM technology and apply it
- Ability to think through complex issues and solve problems
- Desire to share information and support a transparent culture
- Technical translation
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.