The Field Applications Scientist (FAS) will be a liaison between our customers and a variety of MOBILion teams including Sales, Marketing, Engineers, Product Development, and Applications Development. He/She will be responsible for supporting our Commercial Team during all Beta and Commercial product deployments, recent installations, and provide complete customer support. Complete customer support includes providing onsite (or remote), hands-on customer training on product use and instrument operation, pre- and post-sales activities (design/create/deliver presentations), composing technical documentation including customer facing training materials (manuals, QuickStart guides, etc.) and internal training documentation and procedures.
- Scientific Knowledge and Application of Separation Technology for Analysis of Biologic Samples with regards to IM-MS
- Experienced liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC/MS) method developer with a broad knowledge of applications related to the analysis of biologically relevant molecules.
- Learn to operate Structures for Lossless Ion Manipulation (SLIM)-based instrumentation on multiple mass spectrometry platforms to generate meaningful and valuable data sets for correlation to current LC/MS applications.
- Acquire, process, and interpret ion mobility mass spectrometry data.
- Provide training to all customers on system use including hardware, software, data acquisition, and data processing.
- Field Engineering in LC/MS
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with external and internal customers ensuring their success.
- Provide extensive technical support and system level troubleshooting.
- Manage and drive resolution for all customer situations.
- Manage customer expectations, by communicating work performed and providing follow up plan if needed.
- Deliver advanced system level training at customer sites.
- Maintain sound knowledge of SLIM-based technology and customers’ application demands.
- Collaboratively work with Business Development and Product Manager in respect to identifying future business opportunities and needs.
- Work with Applications and Product Development teams to resolve customer issues as expeditiously as possible.
- Biopharmaceuticals Applications
- Understanding of the current sample preparation techniques in support of biopharmaceuticals applications such as, but not limited to biopharmaceutical characterization of glycans, intact/subunit protein, peptide mapping, targeted lipids (native protein is a plus).
- Understanding the technology, capability, unmet needs, and concerns (current and potential) of end users and the overall marketplace.
- Having a current and accurate knowledge of the instrumentation landscape from sample preparation through data analysis reporting used in the biopharmaceutical market.
- Bachelor’s degree required in analytical chemistry, chemistry, biochemistry, or similar. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation.
- Experience with Ion Mobility is a plus
- Previous experience as a field applications scientist.
- Previous experiencing using, troubleshooting, mass spectrometry instrumentation (Ion Mobility experience preferred).
- Previous proficiency with training customers in mass spectrometry including, but not limited to troubleshooting hardware, software, workflows, and data processing.
- Ability to identify unmet needs in analytical workflows and provide a hypothesis for the potential impact of SLIM-based technology.
- Knowledge of workflows related to analysis of biological samples.
- Strong customer centric focused.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the technical team.
- Exceptional time and project management skills with the ability to own and manage multiple projects in a changing environment and meet timelines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak, present and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- Willingness to travel 40%.
- Ability to work within the United States.
- Willing to relocate to the Chadds Ford, PA region.
- Technical documentation generation experience.
- Process oriented.
- Knowledge of omics-related applications (proteomics, metabolomics, lipidomics)
- Exceptional critical thinking skills, ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions.
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory, including, experiment design, sample preparation, operation of scientific equipment, and data interpretation.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.