The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be a liaison between our customers, Product Development, and Applications. He/She will be responsible for the installation, customer familiarization and support initially for our Beta SLIM (Structures for Lossless Ion Mobility) unit and then Commercial units. The FSE will support our Commercial Team during all Beta and Commercial product deployments, installations, and provide complete customer support. Design and create presentations, use cases, technical documentation, internal and external training documentation, procedures, and customer facing manuals, quick start guides, troubleshooting, etc.
- Scientific Knowledge and Application of Separation Technology for Analysis of Biologic Samples with regards to IM-MS
- Experienced liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC/MS) method developer with a broad knowledge of applications related to the analysis of biologically relevant molecules
- Learn to operate SLIM instrumentation on multiple mass spectrometry platforms to generate meaningful and valuable data sets for correlation to current LC/MS applications
- Perform post-installation testing and meet performance specifications
- Acquire, process, and interpret ion mobility mass spectrometry data
- Provide familiarization to all customers on system use including hardware, software, and data acquisition.
- Field Engineering in LC/MS
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with external and internal customers ensuring their success.
- Provide extensive technical support and system level troubleshooting,
- Manage and drive resolution for all customer situations.
- Manage customer expectations, by communicating work performed and providing follow up plan if needed.
- Deliver system level training at customer sites.
- Manage service inventory.
- Issue field service reports
- Maintain sound knowledge of SLIM technology and customers’ application demands.
- Collaboratively work with Business Development and Product Manager in respect to identifying future business opportunities, product features or functionality.
- Work with Applications and Product Development teams to resolve customer issues as expeditiously as possible.
- Biopharmaceuticals Applications
- Understanding of the current Sample Preparation techniques in support of biopharmaceuticals applications such as, but not limited too: biopharmaceutical characterization including glycan analysis, intact mAb, peptide mapping, proteomics, targeted lipidomics, and targeted metabolomics.
- Understanding the technology, capability, unmet needs, and concerns (current and potential) of end users and the overall marketplace.
- Having a current and accurate knowledge of the instrumentation landscape from sample preparation through data analysis, reporting used in the biopharmaceutical market.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry, physics, or engineering. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years industrial experience servicing analytical instrumentation
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the technical team.
- Exceptional time and project management skills with the ability to work on multi-projects in a changing environment.
- Previous experience as a field service engineer
- Previous experiencing using, troubleshooting, and servicing mass spectrometry instrumentation.
- Previous proficiency with training customers in mass spectrometry including, but not limited to hardware, software, data acquisition.
- Ability to identify unmet needs in analytical workflows and provide a hypothesis for the potential impact of SLIM.
- Knowledge of workflows related to analysis of biological samples.
- Previous training customers in applications and hardware
- Strong customer centric focused.
- Ability to communicate to internal teams.
- Willingness to travel 40%
- Ability to work within the United States
- Willing to relocate to the Chadds Ford, PA region
- Technical documentation generation
- Process oriented.
- A willingness to accept responsibility, own a project, deliver on timelines.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills, ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak, present and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory, including, experiment design, sample preparation, operation of scientific equipment, and data interpretation.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.