The Inside Sales Representative will be a direct point-of-contact with our customers as well as liaison between our Business Development, Field Sales, Applications, Service, and Marketing teams. The position will develop phone-based revenue generation by establishing ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers using excellent telephone sales and communications skills. Reaching business targets through creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, answering incoming calls from prospective clients and following up on leads. In the immediate term the Inside Sales Representative will focus on supporting our field sales team and qualifying current and incoming leads. This requires accurately documenting all actions in CRM. A reputation for integrity, urgency, customer service, and accountability with strong attention to detail and documentation is the key for success.
|Area of Responsibility|
|1||Life Science Applications – preferably in biopharmaceutical market||15%|
|2||Sales – Lead qualification/nurturing, interfacing internally and externally||50%|
|3||Sales Support – documentation, quoting, scheduling||35%|
- Identify key decision makers amongst targeted leads to start the sales process.
- Develop sales leads into opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations to recommend specific solutions.
- Become technically proficient on all assigned products.
- Create and maintain good communications between current and prospective customers, field sales force, marketing and service teams, and all internal personnel.
- Assist the field sales team in the implementation of a strategic account sales strategy penetration.
- Observe developments in the marketplace (products, competition) and proactively inform colleagues and management.
- Effectively utilize monthly sales reports.
- Follow established sales policies.
- Strong customer focus and professional demeanor to work with the customer to set expectations.
- Develop the lead-to-opportunity process to ensure leads are entered in CRM within a designated time following conferences, seminars, webinars, etc.
- Leads that are considered in nurture mode or only looking for supporting documentation: provide documentation in a timely manner. Includes, but not limited to, product materials, poster reprints, application notes, etc.
- Collaborate effectively with the sales team by creating and issuing sales tracking documentation upon request.
- Provide regular lead activity reports to Sales and Management Team.
- Capture all contacts, activities, and opportunities in the CRM system to leverage marketing and sales efforts.
- Fundamental understanding of SLIM-MS biopharmaceuticals applications.
- Understanding the technology, capability, unmet needs, and concerns (current and potential) of end users and the overall market segment.
- Understanding of competitive analytical techniques and how SLIM technology differentiates.
- Other assigned tasks
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years inside customer support or sales experience
- Fundamental knowledge of workflows related to analysis of biological samples.
- Strong customer centric focused.
- Highly motivated and multi-tasking
- A quick learner who can embrace the opportunity to develop new skills with support of highly collaborative team.
- Ability to communicate expectations to customer and technology background to enable engagement of customer to gather pertinent information.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak, present and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- A self-starter with strong operational focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to answer phones and document information.
- Ability to work within the United States.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry or biology
- Sales Force beyond cursory use – ability to generate forecast, reports, etc.
- Internal Interactions:
- Business Development
- Sales Manager & Product Sales Specialist
- External Interactions:
- SLIM/MS End Users
- Scientific Community, Academic Researchers
- MS partner sales specialist, applications, and service teams.
Cultural, Behavioral and General Characteristics
- Work standards/high work ethic – initiative and drive
- Innovativeness & creativity
- Self-sufficient, self-driven, self-motivated (work with minimal supervision): figure it out
- Ability to quickly learn SLIM technology and apply it.
- Ability to think through complex issues and solve problems.
- Desire to share information and support a transparent culture.
- Technical translation
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.