The Market Development Lead will perform market diligence and coordinate the company’s market expansion strategies, planning, and execution in coordination with our Business Development, Applications, and Commercial Operation teams. The candidate will be responsible for the new market opportunity assessment, including trends, viability, voice of the customers exercises, and development of applications strategy to demonstrate technical feasibility. This position offers the candidate the opportunity to build and validate market/business opportunities at a stable, rising start up company in the analytical technology industry. A reputation for integrity, urgency, and accountability with sound technical and interpersonal skills, highly motivated, self-starter, independent contributor with a strong operational focus is critical for success.
- Separations, Mass Spectrometry, Ion Mobility
- Understanding of liquid chromatography separations, mass spectrometry techniques and ion mobility
- Ability to apply analytical instrumentation knowledge to gain a thorough understanding of SLIM operation, performance and value in key application areas
- Life Science Market Applications and Opportunities
- Understanding of the current analytical techniques in support of biopharmaceuticals applications such as, but not limited to: biopharmaceutical characterization including glycan analysis, intact and subunit analysis, and peptide mapping analysis of monoclonal antibodies and additional emerging novel therapeutics
- Understanding of current Omics applications such as proteomics, lipidomics, and metabolomics
- Understanding the technology, capability, unmet needs, and concerns (current and potential) of end users and the overall market segment
- Current and accurate knowledge of the instrumentation landscape from sample preparation through data analysis, reporting used in the biopharmaceutical market.
- Understanding of competitive analytical techniques
- Market Diligence
- Ability to execute a detailed market assessment plan that includes application identification, unmet need identification, competitive landscaping, technical feasibility and MOBILion opportunity assessment
- Develop new relationships with future customers, subject matter experts and key opinion leaders to collect voice of the customer feedback and establish collaborations
- Utilize prioritization matrix to rank and organize application diligence
- Work closely with Business Development and Applications to validate market assessment
- Create and maintain records of diligence and roll up that material to present market opportunity with Business Development guidance to Senior Leadership, Product Development, and Commercialization teams to make Go/No Go decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry, physics, or engineering. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is a plus
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in a sales or business/market development role in the mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, or related instrumentation market
- Working knowledge of life science mass spectrometry products, applications, and markets
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate highly technical, complicated topics in a broadly understandable way depending upon the audience and the communication objectives.
- Business acumen to translate technical product attributes to economic impact and customer’s ROI
- Strong understanding of life science market; knowledge of emerging novel therapeutics such as cell and gene therapy is a plus
- Solid technical, business, and strategic acumen
- Ability to initiate, monitor several simultaneous projects, and pivot according to business needs
- A self-starter with strong operational focus and accountability
- Effective leader, team player, and decision maker
- Independent contributor, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, and the ability to define and execute project objectives and priorities on time and on budget
- Up to 30% travel (Covid-dependent)
- Ability to work within the United States
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the technical team when needed
- Applications development experience in the mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, or related instrumentation market
- Demonstrated success in developing product pipeline strategies in the instrumentation market
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.