Reports to: Director of Manufacturing and Supply Chain
Position Location: Company HQ in Suburban Philadelphia, PA
The Production Technician will be responsible for receiving, unpacking, inspecting, testing, reworking, repairing, staging, packing, and shipping of various production systems in support of our manufacturing operations. This includes the assembly, maintenance, development, and documentation of various electronic test fixtures involving soldering PCA and constructing custom cable harness assembles. The technician will manage and maintain the inventory of all manufacturing tools and equipment. Other responsibilities include documenting manufacturing process.
- Assist with the installation and test of SLIM (Structures for Lossless Ion Manipulation) based Commercial High Resolution Ion Mobility units prior to delivery to customers.
- Build and assembly of electrical test fixtures for supporting manufacturing testing.
- Maintain and troubleshoot test fixtures.
- Electrical component and tooling inventory management.
- Material Handling including unpacking, inspection, staging and packing of systems for shipment.
- Creation of manufacturing documentation.
- Keeping records and filing reports.
- Adhering to policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure compliance with regulatory and industry standards and practices.
- Associates in electrical engineering technology with 3 years of hands-on experience or equivalent.
- Hands-on with high mechanical aptitude and ability to use hand and power tools.
- Hands-on experience with PCA soldering including SMT components and board rework.
- Hands-on experience building and debugging electronics.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and assembly drawings for the purposes of rework. Understanding the functionality is a plus.
- Experience designing, building, and documenting cable assemblies.
- Familiar with proper electrostatic discharge sensitive handling.
- Ability to maintain equipment to ensure it is in good condition and can operate or be used safely. Track and document changes made.
- Ability to track and maintain an organized inventory of parts.
- Have a basic understanding on using various electrical measurement equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, LCR meters, DC power supplies, and function generators.
- Effective team player and decision maker.
- Self-starter, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, and the ability to define and execute project objectives and priorities on time and on budget.
- Ability to work within the United States.
- Willing to relocate to the Chadds Ford, PA region.
Cultural, Behavioral and General Characteristics
- High Work standards/work ethic
- Innovative & creative
- Self-sufficient, self-driven, self-motivated (work with minimal supervision):
- Ability to think through complex issues and solve problems.
- Desire to share information and support a transparent culture.
If interested, please send a cover letter and current CV to email@example.com.