The Senior Software Developer will be a member within the Software Development group that reports into the Product Development organization which is responsible for taking Mobilion’s game-changing technology platform from prototype to product and ultimately commercialization. As part of the Product Development group, you will also work with members from the Research and Development, Product Management, Field Services and Support groups.
- Day-to-day data acquisition and instrument control team leadership
- Lead the data acquisition and instrument control daily scrum(s).
- Prioritize the daily goals of the team in consultation with the Software Manager.
- Provide advice on design and implementation issues as they arise.
- Oversee the DevOps necessary to support ongoing software projects
- Ensure source code repositories are configured and managed properly.
- Oversee the build processes for delivery of installers and update packages.
- Manage cloud systems that are part of the software development life cycle.
- Guide development of continuous integration including automated unit and system level testing.
- Software Coding and Development
- Work with internal and external teams to implement functional specifications through coding, testing, and any required performance tuning.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of adherence to architectural standards, quality, security, modifiability, and extensibility.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts with internal and external customers to quickly resolve issues.
- Communicate effectively cross functionally with Product Managers, Engineers, Scientists, Field Engineers and other business personnel.
- Participate in the development of product specifications with attention to system integration, feasibility and field supportability.
- Follow the defined software development life cycle and protocols while clearly communicating all concepts and reasoning to the software and product development team.
- Must have experience with C#, C++ and Python.
- Must have experience with Windows 10 software development.
- Must have experience with GitHub and AWS.
- Must have experience leading a software development team in some capacity.
- Must have experience writing and managing code and scripts used for Devops purposes.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (in lieu of degree, 10 years of relevant work experience).
- 8+ years’ experience in software development, design and support for a variety of software applications that interface with laboratory instrumentation. Mass spectrometry integration a plus.
- Experience with C, PIP, Node, NPM
- Real time software process control and data acquisition.
- Experience with Linux operating system, Bash scripting, system services and Docker.
- Experience with Circle.ci, JAMA, JIRA, Confluence and Salesforce.
- Self-starter, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, and the ability to define and execute project objectives and priorities on time and on budget.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with product management and the technical team when needed.
- Expertise in Agile and iterative methods, software development lifecycle management, unit testing, continuous integration, and build and release management.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills; ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- Passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Occasional travel as needed.
- Ability to work in the United States.
- Someone who considers themselves a “Maker”, hobbyist, or tinkerer is a plus.
- Experience with regulated requirements such as Title 21 CFR Part 11 a plus.
- Previous experience working with outside contractors a plus.
- Experience with web frameworks like Angular, React and Vue.js.
- Experience working with Quality and Customer Support organizations.
- Experience with Go, WiX and system services.
- Experience with Networking; Ethernet, TCP/IP, SSH, NTP, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory.
- Experience working with microcontrollers and FPGAs a plus.
- Ability to relocate to Chadds Ford, PA region
- Internal Interactions:
- Software Developers
- Software quality assurance and control engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- System Engineers
- Product Managers
- Project Manager
- External Interactions:
- Software developers
- Software quality assurance and control engineers
- Electrical engineers
Cultural, Behavioral and General Characteristics
- Work standards/high work ethic – initiative and drive
- Innovativeness & creativity
- Self-sufficient, self-driven, self-motivated (work with minimal supervision): figure it out
- Ability to quickly learn SLIM technology and apply it.
- Ability to think through complex issues and solve problems.
- Desire to share information and support a transparent culture.
- Technical translation
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.