Reports to: VP Strategic Marketing
Position Location: Company HQ in Suburban Philadelphia, PA
The Software Product Manager is responsible for managing the SW products within the Product Lifecycle, including but not limited to customer and product requirements, writing the validation plan, defining the product vision and strategy, developing marketing tools, managing the product launch, and soliciting customer feedback for future product improvements.
The SW Product Manager will work closely with many organizational functions, including, Marketing, Product Development and Sales. The candidate will be responsible for developing the product roadmap, possess the technical and applications depth of knowledge to be able to define clear software product requirements, provide competitive benchmarking analysis, develop marketing/sales tools and collateral, provide training to the sales force, and interact with customers to assess product performance. A reputation for integrity, urgency, and accountability with sound technical and interpersonal skills, highly motivated, independent with a strong operational focus is critical for success.
- Own all software product requirements for instrument control and data processing.
- Define the specifications required to process data with 3rd party data processing solutions already adopted by industrial and academic customers.
- Routinely collect Voice of the Customer (VoC) for software products and use this to drive product enhancement.
- Conduct product presentations demonstrating instrument control for data acquisition through data processing workflows.
- Must be able to interact with customers throughout the product development process to ensure product design and performance meet customer expectations.
- Create wireframe and mock-ups to aid in specifying requirements.
- Lead the verification and validation of software workflows to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Seek out new data processing partners and identify new integration opportunities.
- Support sales and marketing with the necessary product knowledge and technical expertise
- Develop sales tools and sales training material as it relates to software and workflow solutions.
- Provide input for marketing collateral development
- Manage product related support, feedback and inquiries from users; track customer feedback to provide input into future product improvements.
- Support sales as field technical and subject matter expert
- Coordinate market research to track customer and end-user feedback
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry, physics, engineering or computer/data science. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience in a product management role
- DESIRABLE 6+ years’ experience as a product manager
- DESIRABLE – experience with data processing workflow or instrument control software development, testing, or support in the field of Chromatography or Mass spectrometry, or Ion Mobility
- DESIRABLE from a life sciences or biopharma background
- Demonstrate ability to analyze voice-of-customer (VOC) data and translate it into user requirements
- Ability to develop competitive benchmarking reports and developing financial models to support a product concept business plan/case
- Experience working with outside development partners.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with multifunctional teams (e.g. marketing, product development, R&D and sales)
- Ability to work in the United States.
- Willing to relocate to the Chadds Ford, PA region
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 6+ years’ experience as a product manager
- Experience with data processing workflow or instrument control software development, testing, or support in the field of Chromatography or Mass spectrometry, or Ion Mobility
- Background in life sciences or biopharma
- Product Development
- Applications Development
- Product Sales Specialist
- Service Engineers
- Product End Users
- Scientific Community, Academic and Biopharmaceutical scientific researchers
Cultural, Behavioral and General Characteristics
- Independent and self-starter
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Ability to ask the right questions and get several layers deep than surface conversation
- Work standards/high work ethic – initiative and drive
- Innovativeness & creativity
- Self-sufficient, self-driven, self-motivated (work with minimal supervision): figure it out
- Ability to quickly learn technology and apply it
- Ability to think through complex issues and solve problems
- Desire to share information and support a transparent culture
- Technical translation
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.